Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yoga Practice

So Pat Robinson has a problem with yoga. It's apparently a threat to Christianity. But I'm Jewish, so I guess that it's ok for me to practice - consider I'm already a heathen and all.

In truth, I haven't been practicing very much recently. In fact, I'm only practiced once since Thanksgiving. Part of this was because I was sick; part of this was because I was busy; and part of this is because I've been trying not to be quite so rigid about my life.

I went to a beginning class yesterday - and actually found it plenty challenging; even though I typically take the advanced classes at my studio. It's amazing how much muscle mass you can loose in two weeks, and how tough it can be to get back into the swing of things.

Unfortunately, I can't go again tonight because I'm hosting a party for Hanukkah. But I'll be back tomorrow. My body needs it.
____________________

I canceled my monthly follow up with my internist last week. It was just making me too anxious. I found myself thinking, "I can't eat this apple, because then I won't loose weight in time for my weigh-in." Although since I last posted, I did drop to 133, I'm weighed in this morning at 135, meaning that I only would have dropped 2 since my first appointment. Not good enough. So I canceled. Perverse thinking? Maybe. But then again, I have an ED.

____________________

Exams are coming up. Yippee.

I'm focused on trying to beat the curve. In more ways than one.

Yours truly,
The AB

No comments: